Recently I presented an Integration Monday session where I talked about how integration developers could leverage Application Insights on Azure to be able to improve the monitoring experience of the typical components we have and I also talked about product positioning and how it might relate to other monitoring and devops style tools. I showed how you might use it in REST API components, WCF components and also in BizTalk applications.
The video for integration monday is on this link – http://www.integrationusergroup.com/application-insights-integration-developers/
I said that I would publish some samples which I used during the session and they are below and I have also released the WCF behavior as a nuget package to make it easier for everyone to use it if they want to.
- The BizTalk solution I used in the demo – http://cscblogsamples.blob.core.windows.net/publicblogsamples/Demo.BZ.Insights.zip
- The WCF Sample – http://cscblogsamples.blob.core.windows.net/publicblogsamples/AppInsights.WCF.zip
- The Log4net Sample – http://cscblogsamples.blob.core.windows.net/publicblogsamples/AppInsights.Log4net.zip
- The WebAPI sample – http://cscblogsamples.blob.core.windows.net/publicblogsamples/AppInsights.REST.zip
- A nuget package with the WCF behavior – https://www.nuget.org/packages/AppFx.WCF.AppInsights/