Recently I presented an Integration Monday session where I talked about how integration developers could leverage Application Insights on Azure to be able to improve the monitoring experience of the typical components we have and I also talked about product positioning and how it might relate to other monitoring and devops style tools. I showed how you might use it in REST API components, WCF components and also in BizTalk applications.
The video for integration monday is on this link – http://www.integrationusergroup.com/application-insights-integration-developers/
I said that I would publish some samples which I used during the session and they are below and I have also released the WCF behavior as a nuget package to make it easier for everyone to use it if they want to.
- The BizTalk solution I used in the demo – http://cscblogsamples.blob.core.windows.net/publicblogsamples/Demo.BZ.Insights.zip
- The WCF Sample – http://cscblogsamples.blob.core.windows.net/publicblogsamples/AppInsights.WCF.zip
- The Log4net Sample – http://cscblogsamples.blob.core.windows.net/publicblogsamples/AppInsights.Log4net.zip
- The WebAPI sample – http://cscblogsamples.blob.core.windows.net/publicblogsamples/AppInsights.REST.zip
- A nuget package with the WCF behavior – https://www.nuget.org/packages/AppFx.WCF.AppInsights/
Thanks for checking out my article. If you liked it or found it useful that's really great. Please feel free to say hi if you bump into me at any networking events and any likes, shares or feedback on the article are really appreciated. If you really loved it you are also welcome to buy me a coffee using the button below.
All the best